7.17.2012

Gender Prediction

There is an old wives' tale that the baby's heart rate can predict gender. Statistically, it has been proven to be correct 50% of the time. How do you like those odds??? However, in our case, the 14th week heart rate has correctly predicted every single one of our children's gender. Both girls' rates at 14 weeks were in the 170s and all the boys' were in the 150s.
It has only been correct during the 14th week though. After the 14th week, the rates have all fluctuated. So needless to say, I was looking forward to the 14th week appointment. Guess what, we were out of town during the 14th week. I did have my appointment today at 15 weeks and the rate was 153!
I don't know what to make of that but I guess there is always a 50% chance it's right. :) Thankfully I don't have to wait long to find out. We'll know in 2 weeks and 6 days.

1 comment: