9.27.2007

Kate 2 years, 9 months



My dear Kate,

You are now 2 years and 9 months old! I can’t believe you will be 3 soon. That sounds so much older to me than 2. You are a beautiful girl and have grown so much these past few months. You love to play pretend now which takes up a good part of our day. Yesterday we played that you were the Mommy and I was Kate and you just loved that. You wanted me to take a nap so that was easy for me to do!
You’ve started thinking and asking a lot of questions about God. Yesterday you asked where God is, where Heaven is, etc. Then you asked, “How do we get to Heaven?” I told you that the Lord will take us there when He is ready. You quickly said, “Well…I’m going to Heaven because I love Jesus but I’m taking an airplane.”
I thought that was so funny and I’m so happy to have you ask me questions like that.
You and Claire are so sweet together and you love to play with her. You always make sure she has something to play with and will “interpret” for her if you don’t think I understand what she wants.
You are very excited about your new baby brother but INSIST on calling him Harris. We keep explaining to you that that is not his name but you don’t care. You just tell us you are going to call him Harris. So…we’ll see what happens once he’s born.
You are a great helper to me and love to dust, sweep, vacuum, and put toys/clothes away. It takes longer to get my chores done with all of the help but I love that you are eager to help me so I don’t mind letting you.
I love you baby girl and I am so thankful for you. I prayed that the Lord would give you to me long before you were born.

Love always and forever,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment