9.25.2007

Claire 17 months


My dear Claire,

You are now 17 months old. You are my prize and my treasure. You are such a wonderful little girl and I love you. You have such a fun personality and it is really starting to come out. You are talking a lot more now and interacting with us more and more each month. I took this picture of you because I thought it was so funny. I came to check on you before I went to sleep one night and this is what I found. I put your shirt back on but it was off again by morning. You LOVE your blanket and your doll, Mary, and carry them everywhere.
The only places I ever drop you off are in the nursery at church and at the YMCA. The very few times I have forgotten your blanket, the workers have called me to come get you because you wouldn’t stop crying. When you have that blanket though, you’ll run right in and start playing.
You have a strong stubborn streak and at times, you can really test us. If we ask you to do something and you don’t want to do it, you’ll stop whatever you are doing and just give us this funny stare. You won’t respond at all but you will stare. Eventually, you know you have to obey and you will, but it is hard at times. Kate is on your side because she will try and get you to obey us. But you just keep on staring.
My prayer for you is first for your salvation and that your stubbornness will become faithfulness unto the Lord. May you be a peacemaker in our family and love unconditionally and faithfully.
I love you my baby girl and you will be a blessing to me my entire life.
Love always,Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment