8.28.2007

Pregnancy - 25 weeks

Each pregnancy seems harder.
For me, there are only 2 reasons:
I think the first reason is that with each pregnancy I am older. Ok, I'm only 28 but still older than I was the first time at 25. In "those days", I'd eat 3 cookies and a big bowl of ice cream every night and still hardly gained any weight. This time around, I work out at the gym about 45 min 3 times a week (well...I've only been doing this for the past month since Rick's work started paying for our membership...thanks Daxko) and I'll eat only ice cream and still feel like I'm gaining weight too quickly.
The second reason is that since this is my 3rd pregnancy, the majority of people think I'm crazy. Rick just finished reading a history book for seminary that stated that at times in our own country, people had 12 children and it wasn't that unusual. Today if you have 12 children you get your own TV show. I've heard countless times, "you're crazy/nuts." Granted, we will have 3 children under 3 when our son is born (but only for about 2 weeks...then Kate will turn 3!) :)
Normally I try and not let things get to me but sometimes this really bothers me.
I am thankful for all of my children and this new one not yet born. Of course it is hard and I rarely have "alone time." But I must look to eternity, not to today. The Lord has blessed us with the opportunity to effect the next generation and thereby effect enternity. I am able to live the gospel out for my young girls day in and day out. I am feeling my weakness these days so I am thankful that "he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
So, the next time you meet someone with 2 children and one on the way, just say "Congratulations" to her face...once she leaves you can say "she's nuts"....at least she won't know!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sister!!! I'm so excited for y'all!! First time to see your blog today and have thoroughly enjoyed it!! I'm 26 wks pregnant w/ Baby #5 and am so very thankful. I truly feel honored and blessed beyond words to be entrusted w/ these precious children. We have 4 boys and will be expecting our 1st baby girl in Dec. Love to you and yours, jessica miller in Richardson

    ReplyDelete