11.19.2006

Claire-7 months old-11-19-06


My dear Claire,

Today you are 7 months old! This month I took a picture of you and me together. I always think it is fun to look back at pictures of my mom when I was a baby and so maybe you’ll feel the same way when you see us together.
You sleep from 7pm to 7am and take 2 naps during the day; one from 8:30-10:30am and one from 1-4pm. Your black hair is getting a little lighter now and turning dark brown. Your eyes are still blue so I’m thinking they will stay that color now. Also, some big news…You cut your first tooth this week! I’m still nursing you 5 times a day and you eat baby food for breakfast and dinner. I am going to start feeding you lunch this month too. Also, I think I’m going to stop feeding you baby food in the next month or 2 as well. One of the good things about being the second child is that I’m a lot more laid back and that baby food is gross so you’re going to get regular food! You’ve already had some and you do great with it.
You say “rah rah rah” all the time and you make this clicking noise too which is funny. A few days ago you started squealing which is extremely loud! You haven’t started to crawl yet but you do get into the crawling position and lunge forward. I’m sure by my next letter, I’ll be chasing you around everywhere.
You are very tough because Kate likes to push you over (I think I’ve finally stopped that), try to pick you up by your neck, and sometimes when you get into a crawling position, she’ll get on your back and say “Giddy up!” You never really care what she tries to do to you. She just thinks you are interesting and likes to figure you out. You girls love each other already though and sometimes I’ll find the 2 of you just laughing about nothing.
You are a joy to me and I am thankful for you. I pray that you will learn to be thankful for Christ and for all that He has done for us and given us. As much as I love you my baby girl (words cannot express), Christ has died for you and loves you with a perfect love that is far greater. I pray that you will know this and be thankful for this your entire life.
Until next month…I love you now and then,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment