3.12.2007

Life Myth #231

You have all heard the "myth" that if you do something for 31 days, it will become a habit. I am here to tell you that this is not true. Mid-January of this year, Rick signed up for a competition at work. This competition required you to give up a "bad habit" for 60 days and if completed, you'd win a prize. Not one to pass up a prize, Rick signed up to give up our after dinner desserts. Now, being the loyal and suportive wife that I am (and because I still have 6 baby pounds to lose) I said I would participate with him. Friends, it's been way over 31 days now and I want a dessert. If I could, I'd get in the car every night after putting our sweet girls to bed and drive to Publix to get slice and bake cookies and ice cream.
Needless to say, this is one habit I couldn't break in 31 days so I doubt the entire 60 days will help. I think the worst part of all though, is that I have not lost one of those 6 lbs. Looks like I need to give up my after breakfast dessert too.

No comments:

Post a Comment