- Disney World was awesome! Hey, it's Disney World!
- Disney World was exhausting! Everyday we were taking into the park, a 7 year old, a 6 year old, a 4 year old, a 2 year old, a 1 year old, 1 double stroller, 1 single stroller, 1 backpack, 10 water bottles, 2 blankies and a camera (and I was 6 months pregnant). In fact, I'm a little exhausted just writing all of that out. :)
- To prevent from exasperating our children with exhaustion, we woke up every morning and went straight to the park (normally there with 30 mins of the park opening), played hard all day, and then left the park before dinner. We came back to our hotel to eat (went to downtown Disney one night) and then everyone went to bed. No fireworks or late nights for our group. This really works well for our family because of the ages of our children.
- My parents and sister Sarah went with us! Rick's parents and his sister's family where also there! Our trips overlapped some of the days and while we did see them every day we could, we were a little off of their schedule because they have older kids. Our kids LOVED seeing their cousins though when we could.
- Sims had the stomach bug during the middle of the week. He threw up 4 times between 12am and 6am one night. In fact, Rick went and did laundry at the hotel laundromat at 2am because Sims was out of sheets for his pack and play and had no other pajamas to wear. Sims also threw up one more time all over my sister in the bus on the way to the Magic Kingdom. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day in the hotel with him and he slept for 6 hours and was completely fine after that. Don't feel sorry for me though, remember, I was 6 months pregnant and forced to do nothing in a small hotel room for 6 hours. Thankfully, no one else ever got sick!
- I hardly took any pictures. But here are some of them.
This is how Rick looked 75% of the time at Disney World - holding Sims and his blanket. The fleece blanket helped keep him warm in the 90 degree weather. :)
Kate - Rockin' Roller Coaster (rode it 3 times in a row), Space Mountain
Claire - Tower of Terror, Space Mountain
Henry - Star Tours, People Mover, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan
Jack - Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, Dumbo
Sims - It's a Small World