10.05.2005

That's what it means to you

Ever heard this? "That's what it means to you, but there are different ways to interpret it."

I've heard this especially when discussing scripture. And yes, scripture may have different interpretations, but it doesn't mean interpretations other than the truth are right. They are dead wrong. Why do we insist on an individualism in our society that makes conformity to real absolute truth a negative.

We want unity and peace so we confirm everyone's ignorance as truth so as to not offend anyone. I have one thing to say about that. Please offend me. I want to know the truth, and I definitely want to know when I'm not in it.

Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life and no one comes to the father except through me."

Looks like Jesus holds to a single absolute truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment