3.16.2011

Spring Break

If you have school aged children and you home school, Spring Break is actually a real break! It's one less responsibility I have for 5 whole days! Kate was just thrilled when she found out we didn't have school. You should have seen her face when I told her she didn't have school ALL summer either! :)
Plus....we took Kate, Claire AND Henry to my in-laws last night and they'll be there until SUNDAY!!! I cannot remember the last time I had only 1 child. If anyone has any tips for handling one child who still sleeps a lot and smiles the rest of the day, please let me know! :)
Everyone has been asking what I'm going to do with all of my "free" time so here is my list:

1. Make room for Sims. We have a 3 bedroom house so that means we have to fit 5 children into 2 bedrooms. I have a lot of options, just trying to figure out the best one.

2. Go to lunch with my mom. Normally we're meeting up at McDonalds for the kids so I want to go to a grown up restaurant.

3. Get a Diet Coke at a place with good ice - y'all know what I'm talking about.

4. Play with my baby who is about to be a big brother.

5. Do nothing. Let's face it. I may not have just 1 child with me again until that 1 child is 17 and all of the brothers and sisters have moved out.

That's a lot to do with just a few days left! I better go get busy...

3 comments:

  1. What an exciting week for you! The diet coke with good ice sounds divine. And I'll be really curious as to how you decide to arrange the kiddos. You could spend your time wrapping the furniture in plastic as you await your third boy- that's what I think I should be doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Have fun! Make sure u do a post about your time off after it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a much-deserved Spring Break!!!

    ReplyDelete