8.28.2009

Homeschooling - Week 4


Today we completed our 4th week of homeschooling. It has been a good month. I am not patient enough (you can ask my mother), I am not disciplined enough, and I'm not even creative enough to homeschool my children. However, the Lord has provided, equipped and sustained. Yes, I'm selfish and wonder if I'll ever have a minute to myself in the next 18+ years. I know though that the Lord will provide for all my needs, even if I don't know really what those needs are at this moment.
The end goal for our children is this: 1 Peter 3:15, "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect." May the Lord work and move in our children's hearts and lives. May Rick and I show them the gospel. May we grow in love for our Savior and for each other.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post- I know EXACTLY what you mean and how you feel. I'm so glad it's getting off to such a good start- feels good to have one month down I'm sure. We're on week three. So far it's been better than I thought- really a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children will be greatly blessed having you and Rick as teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting. We may be joining you in a couple years; can't wait to hear more about it!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete