12.01.2007

Times are changing (or have already changed!)

A few mornings ago Kate woke up with an earache. I quickly grabbed the tylenol and hair dryer. My dad used to always take care of my earaches with the hair dryer and it works wonders. A few minutes later everything was fine and she snuggled up to me on the big chair in the den.

Fast forward to today and I found out that the hair dryer may not be the best solution for helping the aching ear. My grandmother and I were talking tonight, and I mentioned the story above. She told me how my grandad used to fix earaches in their household by blowing cigarette smoke into the children's ears.

I found that rather humerous, and then realized how times have definately changed because he would probably be arrested for child abuse for doing that in today's society!

No comments:

Post a Comment