12.26.2007

More on Ron Paul

This article presents an interesting side of the Ron Paul story. I must admit that I do not know everything Ron Paul believes, but it seems quite clear that we need to quit being blinded by the issues.

The Presidential campaigns in our country suffer from the same problems the church is experiencing. We want to teach application diligently because people are not being transformed by the word of God. The problem is that we are not being transformed by the renewing of our minds.

The answer is not to simplify God's word to a list of dos and donts nor is it to simplify the political process to a list of 10-20 issues. People change and my political views probably change slightly every 6-12 months as I gain more knowledge and wisdom. What we need to look for in a President is a man of integrity that will stand strong to his basic worldview or political viewpoint.

Ron Paul believes the government is too big and intrusive and even if I do not agree with him on many issues, I can rest assured that he will do everything in his power to stop the federal government from imposing laws that make my life more difficult. Government is easier on smaller on smaller scale, and Ron Paul is pushing for major shrinkage!

No comments:

Post a Comment