5.29.2009

Palin

During the election, Christians painted Sarah Palin as the new right-wing, conservative, voice for change back to the roots of what the republican party is all about. Well, tonight I was studying Hebrews and came across the Greek word that is transliterated "Palin", and I thought the definition was somewhat humerous as it really manifest my own thoughts about the republican party.

The definition I read is here: http://net.bible.org/strong.php?id=3825

The Greek word means "repetition of the action" and it is rooted in the word that carries "the idea of oscillatory repetition". Hmmm...So, it seems I may have been right in thinking Sarah Palin would simply bring us more of the same thing.

The only thing I can say from this is that it's wise to always check the Greek!

No comments:

Post a Comment